Our contact details:
Address: The Cowshed, The Stables, Hurst Grove, Sandford Lane, RG10 0SQ
Phone number: 0118 974 5120 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information: Personal identifiers, e.g., name, date of birth, address, phone, and email. The information provided will never be disclosed to any external organisation without your explicit consent. For the purposes of carrying out our services, information may be shared with our staff or a small number of volunteers – all of whom have an up-to-date DBS certificate.
How we get the information and why we have it:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, or your representative, for one of the following reasons:
- To communicate and provide you with information about the services we provide.
- In order to volunteer, make a donation, register for an event, place an order on our website or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From those making a referral to The Cowshed on your behalf, e.g., GPs, other charities, social services.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent – you are able to remove your consent at any time and can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a vital interest – the information is vital to protecting, safeguarding, and protecting someone’s life or wellbeing.
- We need it to perform a public task – the provision of our services is in the public interest and enables us to reduce, prevent and eliminate hardship in the local area.
Your data protection rights:
A right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights unless it results in excessive effort and/or use of The Cowshed’s resources. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us to request a Subject Access Request form if you wish to make a request.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information and wish to make a complaint, you can contact Sally Russell, CEO of The Cowshedat: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a complaint form.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 / ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk