What is a Referral?
At The Cowshed Charity, we strive to make the referral process as convenient and accessible as possible for individuals and families in need during times of personal crisis. When we talk about a referral, it refers to a professional or organisation providing us with the necessary information about someone who could benefit from our assistance with clothing, shoes, bedding, curtains, toiletries, school uniform, baby equipment, or other essential items.
Who Can Make Referrals?
We accept referrals from a range of trusted sources, including:
- Registered Charities
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Unitary Authorities
- Religious Organisations
We cannot accept referrals from non-registered community groups.
How Does the Referral Process Work?
- Identification of Need: Referral agencies identify individuals or families who are experiencing a crisis situation and require support.
- Referral Submission: The referring party simply needs to provide us with the client’s information, including their name, contact details, and a rough outline of the required items. This basic information allows us to initiate the process of providing assistance.
- Contact and Detailed Assessment: Once we receive the referral, our dedicated team will reach out to the referred individual or family directly or the referring party (referrer) if necessary. We will gather more specific details about the items required to ensure we meet their needs adequately.
- Delivery of Essential Items: To ensure convenience and accessibility for our clients, we primarily offer delivery services. Our team will arrange a suitable time and location to deliver the requested items directly to the referred individual or family’s doorstep.
- Collection in Extenuating Circumstances: While our primary mode of delivery ensures convenience and accessibility for our clients, we understand that there may be extenuating circumstances where collection is the preferred option or the only viable solution. In such cases, we will assess the situation on an individual basis and make suitable arrangements for collection if necessary.
Confidentiality and Privacy:
We understand the importance of confidentiality and privacy when dealing with sensitive situations. All personal information shared during the referral process is treated with the utmost care and handled in accordance with data protection laws. We maintain strict confidentiality standards to respect the privacy of the individuals and families we assist.